Project Description

Travel Nursing Licensing

PHP offers exceptional positions in the United Kingdom for Professional Nurses. Combine professional satisfaction with the beauty and history of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

PHP places NMC Registered Nurses in challenging, rewarding positions in Private Hospitals and Private Nursing Homes. We offer 12 month permanent contracts with the option to extend in a number of locations.

When you work in the United Kingdom, PHP will handle the hassles of relocation so you can focus on enjoying life and practicing your profession. Our dedicated staff will arrange your placement, relocation and housing. We’ll greet you when you arrive and provide continued support throughout your assignment. If you have any questions or need assistance at any time during your assignment, we’re available 24 hours a day.

Our service is unmatched in the marketplace. That’s why so many loyal healthcare professionals have been working with us for years!

Licensure for Registered Nurses in the U.S.

It is required that any Registered Nurse be admitted to the Nursing & Midwifery Council before starting employment in the United Kingdom.

Nurses trained outside the UK may be admitted to the following parts of the NMC registry:

Part 1: First Level General Nurse

Part 3: First Level Mental Health Nurse

If you are born outside of the European Union and you wish to obtain an application for registration you must first write and pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. You must achieve an overall band score of 6.5. For further information on the IELTS exam go to

You are required to send a copy of your IELTS pass to the NMC with your full name, address, date of birth, country of training via email to for an application package to be forwarded.

Once you have completed the necessary documentation and returned it to the NMC the decision process can be completed.

All applicants who apply to the NMC for registration and receive a positive response will be required to undertake an Overseas Nursing Programme to achieve UK registration.

In order to become registered with the NMC you will be required to successfully complete a 20-day protected learning assessment. (The assessment must be held in the United Kingdom.) To enroll on an approved programme you will need to contact an approved educational institution directly. Details on how to do this can be found on the NMC web site.

PHP can only assist nurses that already have a valid NMC registration for placement in the United Kingdom

Print PDF Version

Immigration for Registered Nurses to the United Kingdom

There are a variety of options to meet the immigration criteria for living & working in the UK. NMS will make sure that all the correct documentation is in order for your arrival into the UK.

European Union Passport Holders — Anyone with a current passport of any European Union country can work in the UK indefinitely. No additional documentation is required, just a valid passport.

Working Holiday Makers Visa — Any Commonwealth citizen under the age of 27 can obtain a 2-year working visa for the UK. This visa will allow you to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. You will want to contact your nearest British High Commission to obtain the proper forms and requirements.

Ancestry Visa — For any Commonwealth Citizen with ancestral ties to the United Kingdom are able to obtain an Ancestry Visa good for 4 years. As long as either your parents or grandparents were British Citizens, you may be eligible. Please contact your local British High Commission for details and paperwork.

Work Permits — PHP will sponsor and obtain a work permit for any person wishing to work in the United Kingdom. Your work permit will give you legal working status to live and work in the United Kingdom for the duration of your contract. Work Permits can be extended and changed with enough advanced notice.

Print PDF Version